About

This is the blog behind the curtain of kevinsteele.com. Once you click through to an article you are technically no longer on my personal web site, although conceptually we are still here.

The front page of kevinsteele.com shows the most recent posts. All posts are listed in the archive listing below. I’ll add some pagination eventually.

Well, that happened. Finally.

08.28.2010 – Welcome to kevinsteele.com version 5.0, a design many years in the making. In fact, if you have been here in the last year you might not even think it had changed.

¶ Since 2001 I updated my home page much like a blog, by hand, usually when I added new photo series. Over time easier and better blog publishing systems became available and by 2007 I evolved a design I planned to duplicate with some sort of blog system.

¶ It took me until now because: 1. I’ve been busy; 2. I needed to be able to make exactly what I wanted; and 3. I struggled with many platforms. Blogger & Feedburner, along with Tumblr and a few new skills, turned out to be the right mix for me.

¶ Once I replicated the previous design exactly — it was important to me to finish the project I had started – I then made incremental improvements. I added titles to my posts so they can link to individual pages, for example.

¶ I rewrote much of the side column of the home page including refreshing the directory of Kevin Steeles. As I post more I'll tweak the Blogger and Tumblr parts. I'll need to see some comments before I can tweak them.

¶ For now I’ve set up three Tumblr blogs for photos: Portraits of Queen west, Brand Name Litter, and Toby's Blog (for cat pictures).

I’ll sometimes invite comments. Like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment