About

This is the blog behind the curtain of kevinsteele.com. Once you click through to an article you are technically no longer on my personal web site, although conceptually we are still here.

The front page of kevinsteele.com shows the most recent posts. All posts are listed in the archive listing below. I’ll add some pagination eventually.

Portraits of Queen West Summer 2010

Queen St W, North Side, Vanauley to Cameron
Queen St W, North Side, Vanauley to Cameron

08.31.2010 – My friend Peter saw this photo and observed that this bit of Queen West is a “surprisingly well balanced block [but] one would never know it looking at it with mere human eyes.”

¶ That’s some of the fun of making these linear panoramas, seeing the shape of a block become clear as I assemble it in Photoshop. This summer I recorded much of Queen West again. So far I’ve assembled almost a dozen city blocks, refining my technique considerably along the way.

¶ By my count there are 74 blocks between Roncesvalles and University Avenues (31 on the south side, 43 on the north side). I still have cataloguing to do before I know how many more blocks I can assemble from the summer’s exposures.

queen west at spadina, both sides now

more city blocks on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment