About

This is the blog behind the curtain of kevinsteele.com. Once you click through to an article you are technically no longer on my personal web site, although conceptually we are still here.

The front page of kevinsteele.com shows the most recent posts. All posts are listed in the archive listing below. I’ll add some pagination eventually.

Best Places to see my Queen West pics this fall

Spacing Magazine, Fall 2011

11.08.2011 – Since last year I’ve been posting to a tumblr blog called Portraits of Queen West. At first it paralleled what I posted to Flickr, along with reposting random earlier pictures. For anyone already following my pics, the new photoblog was superfluous.

¶ The blog has evolved and now I think it’s the best place online to look at my Queen West pics. Many posts include juxtapositions of earlier shots, noting transitions of storefronts, styles and seasons: Café Bernaté; Cameron Public House; car wash made into art subsequently whitewashed.

¶ For those who like to hold things in their hands, the current issue of Spacing Magazine features a two page spread of my linear panorama of both sides of Queen West East of Spadina. It's a perfect use for the magazine’s landscape orientation. More info & selected articles. (Cover photo by Tom Ryaboi)

¶ The issue also includes a selection of photos of food trucks by Patrick Cummins. Anyone that likes my work and doesn't know Patrick's work should be checking him out: Collations on Flickr.